FARMER’S MARKET IS OPENING NOVEMBER 12
Order here, pickup at the Farm!The Farm is located in the Redlands, that is SOUTH Miami-Dade19101 SW 147 Ave Miami, Fl 33187
The Market is OPENING November 12
Order Saturday through Tuesday * Pick Up Wednesday From 3 to 5
**Order Wednesday Thru Friday Pick Up Saturday before 10
** Pick up Orders at the Farm Pre-Paid
We accept all Major Credit Cards
We also have an open air Farm Market every
Saturday ( 10-4) at 19101 SW 147 Ave Miami, Fl 33187.
Pay for your purchases with cash or credit card.
JOIN our Farm CSA weekly produce box program
2020-2021 Season Starts November 1
Go to the CSA website for complete information. www.NanasGreeneCSA You can receive a weekly box of our farm’s Fresh Produce delivered to a convenient location near you. This is a pre-paid service.The new CSA produce delivery will begin the week of November 1.Safe Farm Fresh Produce for your families is our top priority! Most summer greens, herbs, lettuces and produce will be grown on our family farm. Your grower will personally source vegetables that cannot be grown in the summer in South Florida, to keep variety in your boxes. These produce boxes are available thru our Weekly CSA fresh veggie program.Each week you will receive an assortment salads, greens, herbs and vegetables that are harvested and packed in a secure box. You may pick your personal box up at our farm or at the locations listed on our website.To Join:
- Click HERE to visit the NanasgreeneCSA website
- Fill out our simple form.
- Choose the size box that fits your family needs.
- Choose the location you wish to pick up your box.
- Let us know if you have special needs and our CSA coordinator, Diane will contact you. You can reach her at anytime at (305) 322-2139
- Tell your family and friends about our fresh produce so they can stay healthy also!We believe it is important for your family to know your farmer and where your produce comes from. Our family farm has been growing fresh nutritional produce for three generations.Thank you for your support.Stay HealthyMichael BorekMichael Borek FarmsIf you know your farmer, you know where to ask questions; the shorter the route from the farm to your table (at home or a restaurant), the more knowledge you have at hand and the more flavor you have on your plate.Follow us on Twitter for weekly updates @nanasgreenecsaFind us on Facebook! Nanas Greene CSA
The farm OPEN AIR WEEKEND PRODUCE MARKET will be open Saturdays from 10AM-4PM from November 12 through the end of the growing season.
♦To choose and pickup your produce. We have an Open-air produce market on site. We welcome customers on Saturday 10-4 PM at 19101 SW 147 Ave Miami 33187.
- You can be outdoors in the sun in a wide open space with fruit trees and plants. If you wish, you can stay in your car and have your produce choices put in the trunk.
- You can safety chose delicious, nutritious, and ultra-fresh produce:
♦To order from our Farm Online Store.
We are committed to providing chefs and restaurants with our finest TeenasPride produce:
- Heirloom and Vine-Ripe tomatoes,
- Salad Greens
- Assorted Herbs and Vegetables
- Edible Flowers and Squash Blossoms
- Custom and Special Requests!
During our farming season we welcome all chefs to tour our farm and taste test our fresh produce.
Visit the Contact Page to set up your personalized visit to the farm!
What will Produce from Michael Borek Farms mean to your customers?
- Your menu that offers delicious, nutritious, and ultra-fresh produce.
- Knowledge of your support of a local farmer.
- Awareness you contribute to a smaller carbon footprint.
- Confidence that you know your Farmer.
Heirloom tomatoes have regained their popularity in recent years. Grown from seeds which have been saved through generations, these favorites have that “old-fashioned” flavor which is sometimes lost in supermarket varieties. Heirlooms tend to be a bit more perishable than hybrids but rank high in flavor and come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. While red tomatoes tend to be more acidic, some of the larger yellow heirlooms are very sweet with higher sugar content.
Several types of Heirloom Tomatoes have proven to provide very high levels of Lycopene, which is thought to have a number of health benefits, including reducing the risk of developing cancer, cardiovascular disease and macular degeneration. They can also be rich in carotenoid, a major source of vitamin A for a large proportion of the world’s population.
A sustainable farm grows their crops while protecting their plants, their people and their planet for future generations to enjoy!We use a balanced approach to farming by using management tools and science/technology to protect our natural resources and our crops. Our growing decisions use best management practices(BMPs) that are designed to be socially, environmentally and financially sound for both our farm’s short and long term future.
Our farm is a food safety certified farm. To maintain certification, our farm, packing house, and operations are regularly inspected by the government.
Since USDA does not inspect other country’s agricultural growing methods, we encourage all restaurants to buy from local sustainable family farms.
Another important reason to source locally? Produce that has traveled more than 6 days has lost most of its minerals, vitamins and micro-nutrients, the very benefits for which we try to eat produce! For more information, please visit our Food Safety page!